|Fresh Peach Crumb Coffee Cake with No Sugar Added Ice Cream|
- 1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c firmly packed golden brown sugar
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 c (1 stick) reduced calorie margarine (instead of butter), melted
- 1/2 c (1 stick) reduced calorie margarine (instead of butter), softened
- 1/4 c granulated sugar
- 1/4 c golden brown sugar (loosely packed)
- 1/2 c reduced fat sour cream
- 1 large egg + 1/4 c egg substitute (2 large eggs if you don't have the alternative)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 lb (3-4 medium) ripe peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 10 inch casserole or deep round cake pan LIBERALLY with cooking spray.
- Place topping ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well to make a very dense, smooth dough (they're not kidding!); set aside.
- To make cake batter: cream the margarine and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer (I just used elbow grease instead of the mixer) until smooth. Add the sour cream, eggs and vanilla and beat well. Measure the flour, baking powder and soda on top of this mixture, stirring well to combine. It will be a medium thick batter.
- Smooth the batter into the prepared pan. Arrange peach slices on top, more-or-less in a single layer to give even baking. Grab topping mixture in big chunks and place n top of the peaches.
- Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out with crumbs clinging to it, but no streaks of raw batter. The peaches make the cake very moist, but you want to make sure it's baked through. This can take from 45 minutes to an hour (I kept mine in for an hour to be sure it was baked). Cool slightly before cutting into 8 wedges.