|Taste, texture and deliciousness|
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 c chunky peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray and 8x8x2 pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside
- In small mixing bowl, combine sugar and eggs and, using an electric mixer, beat until light and fluffy
- Add peanut butter and vanilla, beating until thoroughly combined [it will be thick].
- Spread evenly in prepared pan, pressing down slightly to make smooth and even.
- Bake in oven until the top is lightly golden, approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove pan to wire rack; cool 5 minutes and run a knife around the edges to loosen.
- Invert pan onto rack to remove mixture. Let cool completely. If desired, spread lightly or drizzle with chocolate topping/syrup.
- Let cool completely. Cut into sixteen 2-inch squares; wrap each square individually in plastic wrap and store in refrigerator.
This recipe is adapted from a Weight Watcher cookbook, so you get flavor plus reduced calories. Cut it into 16 squares and enjoy 1 square as a treat. Total calories: 123 calories; 5 g protein; 9g carbohydrate; 106 mg sodium; 17 mg cholesterol. Each piece (old program) has 1 Fat Exchange; 1 Protein Exchange; 35 cal. Optional Exchange (with chocolate on top).