|Oven-Roasted Vegetable Medley|
This is one of our absolute favorite dinner sides - in fact we have been known to make a whole meal out of it. The best part about it is you can use most any vegetables, especially root veggies since they seem to work best. I will give you the ingredients as I used this last time. Sooooo tasty!
Oven Roasted Vegetables:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 9x13 inch pan with heavy duty foil.
- small red potatoes, cut into 4 pieces each (scrubbed, skin-on)
- baby carrots or washed and scrubbed regular carrots chopped into large chunks
- green peppers - wash, remove seeds and chop into chunks
- zucchini - wash and cut into chunks or thick slices
- onions - either whole baby onions or any other type peeled and cut into chunks.
- Garlic cloves if desired **I stopped here but you can also add turnips or rutabaga or parsnips (if you like them)**
- olive or canola oil
- Italian seasoning, rosemary, smoked paprika, salt and pepper
- As you chop your veggies, place in a large bowl. Drizzle with about 1/4 c or so of oil along with your favorite seasonings. Toss gently to thoroughly coat
- Dump carefully into foil-lined pan and spread out evenly for consistent roasting.
- Place on middle rack of pre-heated oven and roast for approximately 40-45 minutes, until vegetables are tender and turning golden brown.