Slow-Cooker Turkey With Cranberry Sauce
- 2 boneless skinless turkey breast halves (about 4 lbs each)
- 1 can (14 oz) jellied or whole berry cranberry sauce
- optional: 1 Fuji apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped, and/or 1/2 c chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 c plus 2 tbsp water, divided (note: you may opt to use half orange juice and half water, which tastes even more delicious)
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Cut each turkey breast in half; place in a large 5-qt slow cooker. In a bowl, combine the cranberry sauce (and apple/nuts, if desired), 1/2 c water/juice and soup mix; mix well. Pour over the turkey.
- Cover and cook for 4-6 hours or until the turkey is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 170 degrees.
- Remove turkey, keep warm.
- Transfer the cranberry mixture to a small saucepan. Bring to boil while mixing the cornstarch and remaining water/juice until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture to the cranberry mixture and simmer and stir for 2 minutes, until thickened.
- Serve turkey, warm with cranberry sauce and sides of whipped potatoes, broccoli or carrots and Stove Top Stuffing, if desired.