Stuffed Sweet Peppers
- 6 medium sweet peppers - 2 red, 2 green, 2 yellow
- 1 jar of spaghetti sauce (approx. 14 to 16 oz) divided
- 1 lb bulk uncooked Italian sausage - turkey or other
- 1 c uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 c crumbled feta or blue cheese, or shredded mozzarella or cheddar if preferred
- 1/2 c chopped onions
- 1/2 c chopped tomato (preferably Romas)
- 1/4 c parsley (fresh, minced) or 2 tbsp dried
- 2 tbsp ripe olives
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Cut tops off peppers. Chop tops and set aside.
- Discard stems and seeds and set pepper cups aside
- Reserve approx 3/4 - 1 c spaghetti sauce. Pour remaining sauce into a slow cooker
- Combine sausage, rice, cheese, onion, tomato, parsley, olives, garlic powder, salt, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes and reserved chopped peppers and spaghetti sauce
- Spoon mixture into pepper cups; place in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4-5 hours, until peppers are tender and meat is cooked.