Refrigerator Cucumber "Salad" Pickles
|Delicious home-made refrigerator pickles...ermm I mean salad :)|
- 4 thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1 large thinly sliced red onion
- 2 thinly sliced green bell peppers
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 1/2 c white vinegar
- 2 c sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp celery flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Mix cucumbers, onion, pepper and salt; set aside.
- Place vinegar, sugar, celery and pepper flakes in a saucepan and bring to a boil for approximately 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and add about 2 handfuls of ice until melted and the mixture is just warm.
- Place all veggies in large-mouth jars.
- Pour mixture over the top of each jar, to cover.
- Store in refrigerator for about 2 months.