We have a pizza pan that I absolutely love. It's about 16 inches in circumference and has holes, or perforations, in the bottom to allow for a evenly baked crust. Next to a pizza stone, it's my 'go-to' pizza necessity!
So, we had a Pay Per View event to watch, which called for us to have pizza, of course. Being short of budget but high on imagination, I crafted this combo Turkey Pepperoni/Hawaiian Pizza and wow, was it filling. The maple bacon needed to be precooked to add to the flavor and take away some of the stringiness but it was worth the effort! I took some shortcuts but like every artistic endeavor, it still took quite a bit of preparation time. I could have made my own crust, but after all the chopping and fussing, I got lazy.
Please note, I had forgotten to sprinkle on the black olives so I did that over the pepperoni side after the fact. No one ever said I was perfekt!
"SUPER HUMONGOUS PIZZA."
- 2 packages of pizza crust mix (the kind you just add warm water to) or store-bought crust
- 1 bottle or can of pizza sauce (8 oz or so)
- turkey pepperoni - 1/2 pkg
- bell peppers - 1/2 red, 1/2 green, 1/2 orange or yellow, thinly sliced
- tomatoes (I used cherry tomatoes cut in half)
- sweet onion - 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- Canadian or maple bacon (cut in chunks and precooked for 3 min in paper towel in microwave)
- 1/2 12-16 oz. can pineapple tidbits or chunks, drained. Cut chunks in half to use.
- 1 pkg grated/shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 pkg grated/shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 small can sliced black olives, drained
- 1/2 c grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut up all ingredients as needed and prepare bacon. No need to precook Canadian bacon. Prepare pizza crust as directed on package (doubling the recipe if using the 2 pkgs). If you prefer, you can use a store-bought pizza crust or your own favorite recipe.
- Grease a LARGE (16") pizza pan or two smaller pans. If using a smaller pan, use one package of pizza crust mix, the pepperoni, half the pizza sauce, half the peppers and half the onions and cheese to make a Pepperoni Pizza. Do the same with the remainder of the ingredients for the Hawaiian Pizza. If using the large pan, make this a half-and-half pizza.
- For a half-and-half pizza, spread the crust in the greased pan. Spread the sauce over the prepared dough. Arrange pepperoni over half the pan and bacon over the other half. Sprinkle the tomatoes over the pepperoni. Sprinkle the pineapple over the bacon. Cover the entire pizza with the cut-up peppers, onions and black olives. Spread shredded or grated cheese over the entire pizza to cover. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake in 450 degree oven for approximately 25 to 30 minutes, until cheese is golden on the edges and completely melted. Let rest for 5 minutes, then cut into generous slices using a pizza cutter.