This recipe makes approximately 6 servings.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 1/2 c salsa
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning (we like it a bit spicy)
- 1 (15 oz) can corn, drained
- 1 (15 ox) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 head lettuce or tortillas
- Toppings: Low fat sour cream or plain Greek yogurt, with additional salsa and lo-fat Mexican Mix shredded cheese (sliced black olives optional)
- Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Add turkey meat, browning slightly. Add salsa and taco seasoning, stirring to combine and breaking turkey while cooking until turkey is browned and no pink spots remain (approximately 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat and add beans and corn, stirring to combine.
- To make lettuce wraps: Cut off the stem (or base) of the lettuce head. Cut in half long ways. Peel off individual leaves and wash and pat dry. Scoop 1/2 c of meat mixture into lettuce wraps and top with low fat Greek Yogurt of low fat sour cream and additional salsa (plus black olives and cheese, if desired).