|No-Bake Italian Cake|
- 1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 c crushed pineapple, un-drained
- 40-50 vanilla wafers
- 1 8-oz. carton light cool whip, thawed
- 2 cups sweetened, flaked coconut
- 12-16 maraschino cherries, rinsed
Whisk together sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice in a small bowl until thoroughly combined. Mix in pineapple with juice and set aside.
Line the bottom of a small glass baking dish (8x8 or 7x10) with vanilla wafers. Pour all of the pineapple mixture over vanilla wafers then add another layer of vanilla wafers on top of pineapple mixture. Spread cool whip evenly on top of vanilla wafers then sprinkle with coconut. Top with cherries then cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours before serving.
Note: I got this recipe on Facebook and had to try it. I used a more-or-less 7x10 dish that came with a cover so I broke some of the wafers in half to fill the pan. It worked :)