- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 3/4 cup cream
- 1 egg
- Handful dried currants or dried cranberries
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix well. Cut in butter and shortening.
- In a separate bowl, combine cream with beaten egg then add to dry ingredients. Stir in fruit.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Roll dough out and cut into biscuit size rounds.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until brown.