- 4 large eggs
- 1 c milk (I used low-fat). If desperate, you can use 1/2 evaporated milk and 1/2 water
- 1/2 c Swiss cheese (cut into small pieces)
- 1/4 c diced sweet onion
- 1/8 - 1/4 c dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (or regular pepper)
- approx. 1/4 c grated Parmesan/Romano Cheese for topping
- 1 commercial or home-made pie crust
- Whisk eggs in medium bowl until light and frothy. Add milk and continue whisking until blended.
- Stir in Swiss cheese, salt and red pepper flakes, onion and parsley flakes until mixed. It will be a bit chunky.
- Place pie crust in 9" pie plate and pour in the mixture.
- Top with Parmesan/Romano mix.
- Bake in oven for approximate 20-25 minutes, until knife inserted into the middle of the pie comes out clean and dry. A wee bit of moisture may remain - that's ok!