I received the recipe for this pound cake in an email (for national pound cake day) and it looks absolutely perfect. Easy, tasty, beautiful to look at. What more can you ask of pound cake (except whipped cream and berries, of course!) Please see this recipe and much more at http://www.justapinch.com/. Just remember, pound cake needs real butter, not margarine, for the best result.
Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 6 eggs
- 2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 2 c flour
- 2 c sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz Philadelphia cream cheese
- Thoroughly mix sugar and butter. Add cream cheese, then add eggs one at a time. Mix again.
- Add flour, baking powder, vanilla and mix well.
- Spray bundt pan with cooking spray and pour in the batter.
- Baked in preheated 350 degree oven for 50 minutes, until golden brown and knife comes in clean when inserted into cake.
- Let cool and serve with berries and whipped cream,or enjoy, "as is." with your favorite beverage.