Mango Chutney (yields 3c)
|Mango Chutney (on the right) and 2 other dips from the culinary tour|
- 2 1/2 pounds (5 each) mangos (small diced)
- 1 small green pepper (small diced)
- 1 small onion (small diced)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 large jalapeno pepper (chopped fine)
- 1/8 cup fresh ginger
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- Combine all ingredients into a large pot, and add enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer until all the liquid is cooked to about the thickness of honey.
- Do not overcook, as the mixture will thicken as it cools.