- 1/3 c firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 1/2 lbs ripe plums, washed, pitted and sliced 1/2" thick
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Butter-Flavor Crisco Stick or 1/2 c Butter Flavor Crisco shortening
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Heat the oven to 350F. Spray 3-quart shallow baking dish with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- For filling, combine the 1/2 c brown sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg and cinnamon in a large bowl; mix well. Add plums and stir gently to coat evenly. Place in prepared pan
- For streusel, combine flour, shortening, 1/2 c brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and salt in a large bowl. Mix with fork or pastry blender until combined and just crumbly. Do not overmix. Sprinkle over fruit mixture.
- Bake at 350F for 45 minutes or until the struesel topping is crisp. Cool about 10 minutes. Delicious with whipped cream or ice cream. Serves 6-8.