Monday, July 6, 2015

Mini Cheesecake Red, White & Blueberry Tartlettes

It's come to my attention that I have been neglecting my faithful followers and friends by not posting for a while. I feel pretty bad about this, so I decided to do something about it.

This week, we had a potluck at work and a BBQ/Pool party to go to on the 4th, so I took it upon myself to make desserts, like usual. They were both a hit, so I am sure you won't mind me sharing these recipes with you! In that spirit, here is the recipe for:

Mini Cheesecake Red, White & Blueberry Tartlettes

These are cute as punch and easy as...well...pie! You can make the little shells the day before and keep them covered, then make the filling the day of the event.


Tart Shells

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Open 2 cans of Pillsbury Crescent Sheets and unroll, one at a time, onto a surface covered with waxed or parchment paper. Using a rolling pin, roll out each can of pastry to approximately 9"x12". I used a pizza cutter to cut the rectangles in 4 pieces lengthwise and 6 down (24 little more-or-less squares). Stretch slightly to thin/shape and place in an ungreased mini muffin tin. Let the "points" poke up and don't press down too firmly (it makes removal easier). Bake for approximately 7-8 minutes, until slightly golden brown (you don't want to dry them out too much).
Filling

Soften 1 brick of Philadelphia Cream Cheese in a bowl (I put mine in the microwave at 80 percent for about 80 seconds since we have a low-voltage microwave). Add 1/4 c white sugar, 1-2 tsp lemon juice and 1-2 tbsp skim milk. You can add a bit of lemon zest if you like. Whip on low with a mixer until blended, then fold in 3/4 cup of Cool Whip until mixed. Place cream cheese mixture in each cooled tartlette using a small spoon (my method) or pipe into the tart with a pastry bag (or a Ziploc bag with one pointed end cut off). Top with a blackberry or raspberry and a few blueberries. I used frozen mixed berries, thawing the bag of fruit in the fridge overnight before using.

Notes:
The tart shells keep well at room temperature for a couple of days if totally covered with a towel or waxed paper (I used a towel and folded it around the baking sheet I stored them on). The mixture keeps well in the fridge until the next day if you want to fill one recipe of tart shells one day and the other the next. You may just want to add an extra 1/4 to 1/2 c of Cool Whip to soften it slightly.

Verdict: The perfect mixture of sweet, chewy and tart. It was very popular at the Potluck.

No comments:

Post a Comment