This was seriously one of the easiest and quickest monkey breads I have made. I simply used 2 tubes of buttermilk biscuits, some sugar and cinnamon and some apple pie filling that I had made a few weeks ago. Oh, I forgot .... I also drizzled some caramel topping on to make it have that caramel apple flavor that we like. Once you tip it out of the prepared pan, it's ooey gooey goodness personified. And the kitchen still smells great (just like fall!)
Caramel Apple Cinnamon Monkey Bread
- 2 tubes of buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 c sugar
- 3 tbsp ground cinnamon (or so)
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- approx. 20 oz of apple pie filling (home-made or canned)
- Caramel topping (I used Smuckers)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 loaf pan with cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, toss unbaked biscuits in 2 tbsp butter or margarine to coat. Place sugar and cinnamon in a Ziploc bag and add biscuits, toss to mix thoroughly.
- In the same medium bowl, combine biscuits with apple pie filling, stirring to mix.
- Spoon into prepared loaf pan and drizzle with caramel topping.
- I had a bit of left-over canned cinnamon syrup and drizzled that on top too, just because.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for approximately 40 minutes - until biscuits are golden and any syrup on bottom has been mostly absorbed.
- Let stand for about 10 minutes, then run a knife around the sides of the loaf pan to loosen the loaf and upend onto a wax paper coated cookie sheet (I cheated and reused the Ziploc bag for this).