Strawberry (or any seasonal fruit) Fritters
- 1 lb. all-purpose flour
- 5-8 oz. of white wine
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. brandy
- zest of two lemons (approximately 2 tsp.)
- 2 lb. strawberries
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 lb. of lard or peanut oil
- Make a batter with the first four ingredients. Add the lemon zest. The batter is right when it resembles a medium pancake batter and can make a rope or a figure eight in the bowl as it drips from a spoon.
- Dunk the strawberries in the batter and then set them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. When the pan is full, put it in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Melt the lard in a frying pan. When the lard has reached 360 degrees on a thermometer, fry the strawberries in the hot fat.
- Fry them a nice brown, then dust them with sugar.
- Put the sugared strawberries under a broiler for a minute or two to melt the sugar.