Cinnamon Apple Buns
|Little bits of deliciousness waiting to go into the oven|
- Using the left-over risen zwieback dough, fold a pinched off piece (about the size of a large egg) around a chunk of peeled and cored apple.
- Roll into buns using cupped hand method. Dip in milk, then in melted butter or margarine and roll in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar. Place on greased cookie sheet. This recipe is easier if you shape all the buns before dipping and rolling in toppings.
- Cover with a tea towel and let rise in a warm place until double (about 1 hour).
- Bake in 350 degree oven for approximate 20-25 minutes, until the bottom is golden and the top has a bit of a crust. You should be able to smell the baked apple.
- Let stand on cookie sheet for about 10 minutes before gently removing (using a lifter) to a covered surface (I reuse the tea towel that I used to cover the bowl while the dough rises). Let cool slightly before devouring.