|Originally from tasteofhome.com. Adapted|
- 1/4 c heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp light corn syrup
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 tbsp Nutella
- blue or white candy coating melts (disks) from Wilton or JoAnn's
- 5-6 drops blue food coloring or gel if using white disks
- 1/2 to 1 tsp instant coffee granules
- Flaked coconut, toasted, optional for nest, or make Rice Krispie nests
- In a saucepan, bring the cream, butter and corn syrup to a boil. Add chocolate chips and remove from heat (don't stir). Let stand for 5 minutes. Whisk in Nutella (and peanut butter and krispie cereal or granola if desired) until combined. Transfer to small bowl.Cover and refrigerate for 45-60 minutes, until thickened, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Shape 1 heaping tsp of chocolate mixture into an egg. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.Repeat with remaining mixture. Freeze until firm (check after 10 minutes or more)
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt the candy disks and stir until cool. Stir in food coloring (if desired). Dip frozen eggs in the candy coating, keeping them frozen until ready to dip, allowing extra to drip off. Return to baking sheet and immediately sprinkle lightly with coffee granules (alternately, fleck a pastry brush covered with melted chocolate over each egg to speckle them). Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Serve eggs on a nest of toasted coconut or in a Rice Krispie nest, if desired. Yields about 3 dozen eggs.