- 2 pkg (8 squares) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet or Dark Chocolate
- 2 pkg (6 squares) BAKER'S White Chocolate
- 2 tsp peppermint oil or extract
- 1 1/2 c crushed peppermint candies (canes or others of your choice)
- Microwave chocolates in separate microwaveable bowls on high as directed on package (for dark or semi-sweet). Remove from microwave and stir.
- Spread evenly on a waxed paper-covered baking sheet. Let cool in fridge for approximately half an hour.
- Meanwhile, melt the white chocolate on medium heat, stirring after approximately 45 seconds to ensure it doesn't scorch. Continue microwaving for 30 seconds or until melted. Remove from microwave and stir in peppermint extract or oil.
- Removed the darker chocolate pan out of the fridge and place on counter.
- Gently spread the the white chocolate evenly on top of the dark chocolate.
- Immediately sprinkle on the crushed candy, pressing gently with a fork or a spoon to press it slightly into the white chocolate layer. You still want it to shine on top.
- If you reserved any of the darker chocolate, drizzle it evenly on top.
Refrigerate 1 1/2 hours until firm. Break into pieces and store between layers of waxed paper in tightly covered container at room temperature, or in the refrigerator, for up to 3 weeks.