Chocolate Waffles with Mocha Syrup
|Chocolate Waffles with Mocha Syrup|
- 1/2 c butter
- 3 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 c milk
- 1 c semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1 c whipping cream
- 2 tbsp coffee liqueur
- 3 c vanilla ice cream
- In medium saucepan, combine butter and unsweetened chocolate. Cook and stir over medium heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat, Stir in sugar. Add eggs and vanilla, stirring until combined. Stir in flour and baking powder and salt. Whisk in milk until smooth.
- Add batter to preheated, lightly greased regular or Belgian waffle maker, according to manufacturer's directions. close lid quickly and do not open until done. Bake according to manufacturer's directions. When done, use a fork to lift waffle off the grid. Repeat with remaining batter.
- For mocha syrup, in a small saucepan, combine semisweet chocolate pieces, whipped cream and coffee liqueur. Cook and stir on medium heat until mixture is smooth.
- Serve waffles warm with ice cream and mocha syrup.