|Delectable, delicious, humdinger pizza|
|Ingredients for Humdinger Pizza. The yellow pepper just looked pretty there.|
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 - 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 pkg pepperoni
- 1/4 lb ground Italian sausage
- Parmesan cheese (approx 1/2 to 1 c)
- shredded Cheddar cheese (1/2 pkg)
- Italian Seasoning (approx 2 tsp) and a sprinkling of parsley
- sea salt (2 grates, or approx. 1/2 tsp)
- pizza sauce, commercial (about 1/2 c)
- mild salsa (I used home-made), approximately 1 c.
- home-made yeast-less pizza dough (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease pizza pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare pizza dough from scratch or use commercial shell.
- Thinly slice peppers and onion, as directed.
- Roll or place pizza dough on pan. I just rolled mine with a rolling pin, right on top of the greased pan!
- Spread with a mixture of the pizza sauce and salsa.
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning and parsley on sauce. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Pile on the ingredients: peppers, onions, sausage (broken into small bits), and cover with cheddar cheese.
- Bake in oven for approximately 20-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted, crust is golden and it looks baked.
|Golden fragrant hot huge Humdinger Pizza|
This is a good recipe if you don't have any yeast or don't have time for dough to rise.
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup water
1 tbsp cooking oil