Watermelon Pops (Yield: 16 pops)
- 1 c sugar, divided
- 1 pkg (3 ox) JELL-O Lime Flavored Gelatin
- 2 c boiling water, divided
- Ice cubes
- 1 c cold water, divided
- 1 pkg (3 oz) JELL-O Strawberry Flavored Gelatin
- 3 tbsp miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 pkg (4 oz) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 c thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- Mix 1/3 c sugar and lime gelatin mix in medium bowl. Add 1 c boiling water; stir for 2 min. until completely dissolved. Add enough ice to 1/2 c cold water to measure 3/4 c. Add to lime gelatin; stir until ice is completely melted. Refrigerate 25 min.
- Repeat Step 1 using strawberry gelatin mix, omitting the refrigeration step. Pour into 16 (3-oz) paper cups. Freeze for 20 minutes. Stir 1/2 tsp chocolate chips into gelatin in each cup.
- Beat cream cheese and remaining sugar with mixer in medium bowl until well-blended. Stir in COOL WHIP; spread over gelatin in cups.
- Pour lime gelatin over cream cheese mixture. Insert wooden popsicle stick into gelatin in center of each cup. Freeze for 3 hrs or until firm. Remove pops from cups just before serving (for easy removal, dip cups in warm water for 15 secs. before peeling them off. Do not twist or pull popsicle sticks).