Raspberry Banana Chocolate Loaf
|Raspberry Banana Milk Chocolate Loaf|
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 3 mashed bananas
- 1/3 cup mixed berry or plain low fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 cup milk, dark or semi-sweet chocolate chunks or chips (I used milk chocolate)
- 1 cup halved fresh raspberries, tossed in 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
|Fold, don't stir and make sure the raspberries have been dredged in flour before adding|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan (preferably pyrex) with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the sugar and butter with an electric mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 1 minute). Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the banana, yogurt, and rum extract; beat until blended. Stir in the flour mixture; just until moist. Don't over-mix. Stir in the chocolate chunks and then gently stir in the raspberries. If you want, you can sprinkle a few additional chocolate chips and raspberries on the top.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a wooden pick (or knife) inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes in the pan on a wire rack. Carefully run a knife around the inside edges to loosen, remove from pan and cool completely on a parchment paper-covered wire rack.