Peanut Butter-Popcorn Balls (serves 4)
- 2 tbsp each granulated sugar and light corn syrup
- 1/4 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp chunky peanut butter (room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 c prepared plain popcorn
- In a small, non-stick saucepan combine sugar, syrup and vinegar. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Add peanut butter and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Place popcorn in flameproof boil and set over LOWEST possible heat (optional - the recipe calls for it, but I don't really see the point. Use the microwave on "low" if you like, instead). Add peanut butter mixture and toss until popcorn is evenly coated. Moisten hands with cold water (or see note below); shape into large or small balls. Let cool before serving.