Red Velvet Cookies
|From the Betty Crocker website|
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1/3 c unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 c butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 c sour cream
- 1 tbsp red food coloring
- 1 egg
- 3/4 to 1 c Betty Crocker cream cheese frosting
- 1/4 c chopped nuts (preferably walnuts or pecans)
- Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, cocoa, butter, sour cream, food color and egg until soft dough forms.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 9 minutes or until set. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Frost cooled cookies with frosting. Sprinkle with nuts. Store tightly covered at room temperature.